cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test Backup Exec 16 agent for Hyper-V in trial mode ?

chatravin
Level 3

Hi, everybody.

How can I test optional components of Backup Exec such as agents for Hyper-V, VMware, SQL server etc, in trail mode? I have downloaded and tested the main server and agent for windows and now i'm curiuos and eager to work with other agents and optional compoents. Is there a download link for those things?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you push out the latest remote agent to the remote server, it will contain the latest version of all the agents.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kapil_Kurlekar
Level 2
Employee

When you install Backup Exec in trial mode, all the options and features are enabled by default. To trial other options like Hyper-V, SQL, etc, just install the BE agent on the machine you want to protect and then add that machine into Backup Exec.

Hope this helps.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The physical remote agent has the capabilities of all the software agents, like SQL Agent, etc.  These software agents needs to be activated.

Click on the BE button then click on Installation and Licencing and Install Options and Licences.  Follow the dialogs, skip the entering licences bit, but check the options that you want to test.

Once activated, you have 60 days to complete your tests.  To use these agents after 60 days, you need to purchase and install the appropriate licences.

chatravin
Level 3

Thanks for the answers guys.I have allready installed  an agent in the same way you said above on a remote machine but didn't realy know what type it is. It is a bit ambiguous for me since in documentation different names are mentioned for each application it is talking about, for example "agent for sql server". How can I be sure I have the right agent installed and also its version?

thanks in advance for your help.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you push out the latest remote agent to the remote server, it will contain the latest version of all the agents.