cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-53683766

Ercan_Eris
Level 4
- I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition Sp1 Clean.
- Veritas 10.0 installed

Service doesnt start.

- I tried. Regsrv2 ....dll
-Dmcnfg tried

impossible to solve problem.

The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-536837662) occurred in object 11.

For more information, click the following link:
http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml
12 REPLIES 12

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
We would suggest you please refer the following technote that is applicable to Backup Exec v9.1, however it is related to Backup Exec v10.0 as well.

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 Device and Media Service will not start with the error: "The database specified does not exist."

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/267799.htm

If required kindly re-install MDAC 2.8 again from ww.microsoft.com/download.

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

Ercan_Eris
Level 4
My friend when i install veritas 9.1 on windows 2000 server. Backupexec is working good. just my problem is with veritas 10.0. When i upgrade or clean installation veritas 10.0 service doesnt start and appearing that errors which i wrote here before..

Will install Mdac 2.8 and will tell you...

Please help to me to solve that problem.. i tried really manythings and i cant understan why not working...

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
Repair Backupexec:
Repairing VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253199

Als Refer to this technote incase it does not work

http://support.veritas.com/docs/275017

Ercan_Eris
Level 4
I tried Repair and tried to change mqportid but same problem..

i have problem with veritas 10.0 on W2k3

i dont have problem with 9.1 on w2k3

Really very interesting this..

ashwin_pawar
Level 6
I can understand your problem but its difficult to find the root cause without seeing the logs.

What i suggest:

1) You have said that BE 9.1 works good with win 2k3 but 10.0 dosent.

a) Check for any MDAC disripencies (Mismatch DLLS).
Component checker.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8f0a8df6-4a21-4b43-bf53-14332ef092c9&DisplayLang=en
Here are the steps which you may follow:- -Run component checker. Select the first option to determine release. Click yes.
-Select the second option, but select the version identified in the first option.
-Under file details you should see a Match if everything is correct otherwise you will see a mismatch DLLS.
If there is any mismatch dlls, replace it with the expected versions from another server and try to start the services.

Finally,

Is Backup Exec using existing SQL instance, incase yes, Try installing the Backupexec with a separate MSDE instance.

Keep updated.

Ricky_Lee_2
Level 4
Hi Hotshots,

Not sure if this is the same.
I installed some verison 10 and some with server service did not start.

Here is my recommendation,
1) If the server installed MSOffice/Outlook, make sure it has a default profile configured.
2) run the installation right from console. Do not use terminal services even you run the setup binary locally. Issues I met if I ran the installation using terminal service are (a) server service won't start (b) installation completed by I can't apply hotfix or update the deivce support.

Hope this help, good luck.
Ricky

Ercan_Eris
Level 4
DEar Friends. i install cc_pack and checked components..

so there was one mismatched dll. msxml3.dll.. so replaced and again checked so there wasnt mistmatch dll.

restarterd w2k3 and started services.. but the same problem.. Backupexec Sql started on tray but service doesnt start.

Not applicable
I'm experiencing similar problems. On an W2K Server, upgraded from 9.2 to 10.0. The BE Server will not start anymore reporting two errors:

EventID 57804, The Backup Exec Server Service detected a schema version mismatch.

The next error is:
Event Category:(65535)
Event ID:57802
The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-536813108) occurred in object 1.

I've also tried Regsrv32 for the suggested dll and
checked and configured the Dmcnfg

Tried the component checker, it's reporting ODBCBCP.dll, SQLSRV32.dll and msxml3.dll as mismatch (see full details below)

Reinstalled MDAC 2.8, no results.

Does anyone knows the solution?

Component Checker details

Vidyaj__Patneka
Level 6
Hi,

Refer following steps that will help you in resolving the issue :

1. Create a new user account.

2. Make this account a member of the Domain Admin group and local Admin group only. Do not make this user a member of Backup operator group.

3. Using this new user start the Backup Exec services.

To change the Username and password refer the following steps:

-Right click on each of the Backup Exec services > properties > logon as select the radio button "This Account" Browse for the new account that you have created say ok.Carry out this step for all the Backup Exec services.

Also make sure that the new user account is used to run following services.
- MSSQL$BKUPEXEC
- SQLAgent$BKUPEXEC (If present)

-- Try to restart all the Backup Exec services.
( Prior to start BEWS services, put them in debug mode. Refer the TechNote given below)

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/254212.htm

Hope this helps.
Waiting for your response.

Ercan_Eris
Level 4
My Friend i am using with WORKGROUP not domain.

So just installed w2k3 and installed windows update.. then i installed Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 and services doesnt start.

so if i create new user how can i add this user to domain admins group? impossible. i am not in one domain just want to try in workgroup. thats all.

Ercan_Eris
Level 4
YUUPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII.............

FIRST THANX FOR ALL FRIENDS WHO WANTED TO HELP ME.

HOW I SOLVED THE PROBLEM?

- I INSTALLED CLEAN ANOTHER WINDOWS 2003 SERVER.
-AGAIN I MADE WINDOWS UPDATE
-INSTALLED CLEAN VERITAS 10.0

IT WORKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I THROLLLL OLD WINDOWS 2003 CD..........:))

NOW INSTALLED VERITAS 10.0 SERVICE PACK 1

IT WORKSSSSS GOODDDDDDDDDDDDDD

THANX THANX....

Ata_Ozdil
Not applicable
Hello,
I have a windows 2003 server R2 standart edition sp1 installed. On this server I tried to install veritas backup exec 10d. But backup exec server service did not start. I did everything on this forum and still got the error
"The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-536837662) occurred in object 11. "

is this problem related with windows 2003 server R2 edition. Does anyone test the compatibility with R2 edition?