cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Backup Exec Server system is not rersponding...

stevthym
Level 3

Hi,

I have a backupserver where Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Servers is installed and succesfully running since about one week ago where the following message appears each time I try to connect to Media Server:

"The Backup Exec Server system is not rersponding. The service is either nor running or not installed". Do not know / understand why it happened without any reason???

What to do please?

11 REPLIES 11

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The services might been stopped for some reasone. Please check the services and make sure all the services are under domain admin except raws which should be local system account. This comes when services are stopped.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that the service for the instance of the BE database is started.  Then start all the BE services.  If anyone of them failed, check your system log to see the reason for the failure.

stevthym
Level 3

Well, when I try to start the BE Server service I get the following message:

"The Backup Exec Server service on BACKUPSERVER started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if there are not in use by other services or programs". Also if I try to restart the other BE services only fail messages appear...

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Launch the BE and it will show the login screen as services are not started. Click on services and then service credentials. Click on change service account and fill all the right information for the service account that you were using.

Restart all the services once done and check if it gives any error message. If it does then check the event viewer and report the message here.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

What is the error message in the event viewer.

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Can you let us know what event do you get in the event log ?

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Clear the event log for application BackUp Exec from the event viewer.

Then try starting the service.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Check the BackupExec services logon credential if you recently changed the admin password to your local system this will affect the services for BackupExec.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

stevthym
Level 3

Hi!

Well I finally restarted the server (twice) and it worked.

Thanks for all the support.

Stefanos

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Before restarting have you tried doing above suggested things?