cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Backup Exec server could not connect to the remote computer.

clovett
Level 4

I have one server that for some mysterious reason started giving this error and not backing up 2 days ago.  Here is what the job log shows,

Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000f02 - The Backup Exec server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3842

Errors

The Backup Exec server was unable to connect to remote machine (null) because a network interface ma...

This is the only server out of 30 that is throwing out this error.  In the backup job I confirmed its set to use any available network interface and any available protocol.  I can go into the backup job and connect to the remote server and edit the backup selections and from the media server I can ping the remote server. 

I truly am beyond frustrated with Backup Exec 2012 as it has been one issue after another.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

clovett
Level 4

Well I deleted the old backup job, created a new one EXACTLY the same as the old one and it works.  I have pretty much lost all confidence in this product.  Unbelievable the sheer amount of issues that keep popping up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check the following:

1. Make sure your AV isn't perhaps scanning the BE services and blocking them. If so, put in an exclusion for them.

2. Make sure that port 10000 is open on any firewall running on that server. This is the port that RAWS uses.

3. Open up the RAWS agent on that server and make sure it is publishing back to the media server correctly!

THanks!

clovett
Level 4

Craig thanks for the quick reply.  My antivirus is excluding Backup Exec., port is open and the RAWS agent is publishing all the correct info. 

Any other suggestions?  Thanks

clovett
Level 4

Well I deleted the old backup job, created a new one EXACTLY the same as the old one and it works.  I have pretty much lost all confidence in this product.  Unbelievable the sheer amount of issues that keep popping up.