cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Selected media was not found in the catalogs. You must first catalog the media...no media is selected though

richreitenauer
Level 3

Setup: two data domains with the OST plugin.

I bring up a restore job and it shows the media, without selecting a resource or OST file, I get the message "The Selected media was not found in the catalogs. You must first catalog the media."  Though if I bring up the restore window again I will not get the error.  It is just really random.  Any thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH16628

Hope this helps...

Regards...

richreitenauer
Level 3

Thanks for this.  If I delete the media, how can I re-catalog the media? 

Solution

To resolve the issue, perform the following:

1. Highlight All Media
2. Locate all entries of the media and drag them into the Retired Media set
3. Delete the media
4. Re-catalog the media

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here, he is referring to deleting the media from the Backup Exec GUI & not the actual stored media...

richreitenauer
Level 3

Ok, thus then should I instead of catalog do an inventory of the Data Domain once the media is removed from the gui?

VJware
Level 6

Since, you mention, that you receive this alert without actually selecting any resource, do ensure the Beginning Backup Date & Ending Backup Date are not checked...

richreitenauer
Level 3

Yes that is the first thing that I check to make sure that no dates are not selected.  It is a really random problem and it might not come back for another couple weeks.

VJware
Level 6

If random, try running a catalog job of the media to be restored & ensure you un-check "Use storage media-based catalogs" from Tools - Options - Catalog

richreitenauer
Level 3

All of the OST media is there, and it seems that all of the data is there.  I have unchecked the "Use storage media-based catalogs".  For the OST media, some of the data is set to be saved for seven years since it is being deduplicated.  Other OST media is getting overwritten after 8 weeks and what I like from the OST it automatically takes the media erases it and moves it to the scratch media.