cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Symantec Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option license is invalid.

John_Leaver_2
Level 3
I have a windows 2003 Stanadrd edtion server with Symantec Backup exec 10.1 rev.5629. I have the DLO option installed on this server.
Recently all DLO users have had there DLO software disabled. When a user clicks on there DLO icon it says "The Software is not configured or has been disabled by your administrator".
When i open the DLO admin console on the server i get the following message: "The Symantec Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option license is invalid. Click OK to exit."

I have removed and reapplied the DLO license key, and stopped and started the Backup Exec services. All seemed to work but after approx 1 hour the problem returned.

Please help - thanks
1 REPLY 1

scardinofti
Not applicable
I have a windows 2003 Stanadrd edtion server with Symantec Backup exec 10.1 rev.5629. I have the DLO option installed on this server.
Recently all DLO users have had there DLO software disabled. When a user clicks on there DLO icon it says "The Software is not configured or has been disabled by your administrator".
When i open the DLO admin console on the server i get the following message: "The Symantec Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option license is invalid. Click OK to exit."

Does anyone know why this would happen?

Please help - thanks