cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The backup of the item is bad

Olli_H
Level 2

Hi

I run Full backups of our VMware virtual machine every weekend to a network drive. I have also planned a duplicate job to run to USB drive after a successful full backup. The duplicate job has a separate verify job that runs after the duplicate job is done. The verify job gives me this error:

(Job: "backup-Verify (Duplicate)") backup-Verify (Duplicate) -- The job failed with the following error: The backup of the item is bad.

Completed status: Failed

Final error: 0xe000fe2d - The backup of the item is bad.

Final error category: Resource Errors

The knowledge base articles did not give any helpful information. Can anyone help me to solve this problem? We have Backup Exec 2012 and all the updates are installed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This means that your duplicate job is no good. Either your USB drive is bad or the USB connection is bad.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This means that your duplicate job is no good. Either your USB drive is bad or the USB connection is bad.

Olli_H
Level 2

The disc doesn’t report any errors and backup exec is able to remove the old backups and write the new ones on the disk, though I haven’t had a need to actual test recovery from the USB drive. The drive is Samsung USB 3 drive and it's connected to USB 3 port.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...redo the duplicate job and try again.

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

To rule out issues with this USB drive, have you tested a duplicate & verify to another storage ?