cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The device, \Device\Scsi\adpu160m1, did not respond within the timeout period.

GlenRoetman
Level 3
I am get a timeout everytime I try and import/inventory or label new media on my Quantum Superloader3.
I have no issues running importing/inventory on an existing tape that is return from Iron Mountain.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GlenRoetman
Level 3
After talking with Symantec support them informed me that Windows Server event 7, 9 and 11 are hardware issues. I contacted Quantum support and they informed me that I had to do a firmware update on my SuperLoader3. The firmware updates seem to have resolved the isses.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

JoaoMatos
Level 6
Partner
Hi,
I´m not understanding what you mean.
Please be more specific.

Regards,
JoaoMatos

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Glen,

That normally comes up because of a number of reasons:

1. Faulty SCSI card - check your monitoring software (assuming you have something like an HP/Dell/IBM server etc) and make sure you don't have any imminent hardware failures.
2. Check to make sure that your SCSI cable is firmly attached, and that the terminator is on...just to eliminate that one!
3. CHeck and make sure Removable Storage Manager service is stopped, and disabled. This causes issues with BEWS, most importantly when communicating with the hardware.
4. Check and make sure that you are patched to the latest level, and that you have the latest drivers for BEWS installed, and loaded for your Superloader3.
5. Check the Event Viewer, and see if there are any errors specifically for BEWS, and mentioning hardware failure.
6. Lastly, see if you can update the drivers for the SCSI card.

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Glen,

Have you had this solved at all?

GlenRoetman
Level 3

I have not yet resolved this issue. I will being calling tech support this afternoon and I will post the resolution when the issue is resolved

GlenRoetman
Level 3
After talking with Symantec support them informed me that Windows Server event 7, 9 and 11 are hardware issues. I contacted Quantum support and they informed me that I had to do a firmware update on my SuperLoader3. The firmware updates seem to have resolved the isses.