cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Roy_Bridge
Level 2

Every day our backup fails with the error "The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed." There is no pattern to the folders the it fails on - it's different pretty much every day!

I have tried changing the backup schedule just in case other things may have been conflicting.

I have disabled the Vipre anti virus software in case that was locking folders.

I have checked the event logs, and althogh event ID 34113 is logged (for this error), there are no other events that lead me towards anything in particular - in fact, there are no other errors or even warnings around the time that the backup fails.

The failed job logs show error V-79-57344-65033, whilst the error codes in the main panel of Backup Exec show either E00084AF, E000FE09 or E000FE7C.

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you haven't turned on Advanced Open File Option, do so. Run the backup and check.

Thanks!​

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Use a command prompt and run chkdsk /f on the problem volume. Make sure you use the /f parameter so that any disk errors can be corrected

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Also edit your job and uncheck the follow symbolic links option

Roy_Bridge
Level 2
OK, sorry for the delay in replying. I was waiting until the weekend before I ran the checkdisk.

Checkdisk has been run on ALL drives. I don't know if errors were found as I only have remote access to the server. Anyway, the server came back up ok but last nights backup failed again BUT with the following:-

Backup- FTSRV05\SQLEXPRESS V-79-57344-34110 - Note: Resource: "Microsoft Information Store" is not snappable. Attempting to back up directly from the source volume.

Backup- \\FTSRV05\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group V-79-57344-65148 - Database was not found and could not be backed up. Please make sure database exists and is mounted.

V-79-57344-65148 - Database was not found and could not be backed up. Please make sure database exists and is mounted.

Backup- \\FTSRV05\Microsoft Information Store\Second Storage Group V-79-57344-65148 - Database was not found and could not be backed up. Please make sure database exists and is mounted.

V-79-57344-65148 - Database was not found and could not be backed up. Please make sure database exists and is mounted.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

First, i would recommend to recreate the backup job. Split off the backup jobs such that one backup job has AOFO enabled for Files, Folders, C:\ etc and the other backup job has AOFO disabled for DBs such as Exchange.

Secondly, instead of disabling the AV, add exclusions to the BE processes.

Also, check the event viewer for any VSS / volsnap related errors or warnings. And was chkdsk run with the repair switch ?

Roy_Bridge
Level 2

I managed to get a successful backup last night. There were a couple of issues. First, the Exchange Writer needed enabling in the registry (it was set to be disabled). Then I had to change the backup order so that the First Storage Group was the first item in the selection list.