cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

jamminblue
Not applicable
We are using backup exec 10 sp5 and the backup is failing with the error

The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

We have tried different files and folders also with the same results.

We are backing up folder to disk to a iomega rev drive. What can we look at for the cause of the problem? We've uninstalled and re-installed the backup exec and are still getting the same error. Any help would be apprieciated. This has all started when we upgraded to sql server 2005.

Message Edited by jamminblue on 10-16-2007 03:03 PM

Message Edited by jamminblue on 10-16-2007 03:04 PM
4 REPLIES 4

Charpy
Level 2
I are having the same issue.  

I'm using v10.0 SP5 and 5 remote clients.  Two of those remotes are SQL 2005.  The non-SQL servers have no problem at all.  As for the SQL Servers, we can't back up anything  on the server except for the VolumeCopy without getting the error.  I want to back up the SQL Backups and a few other non-sql directories.

After further testing, I found that backups can run after turning off the SQL service.  This proves that it's SQL that is directly affecting the backups.

This appeared to start happening after applying SP1 for SQL2005.  Before that, backups were fine.

I've come across a few recommended solutions.

One, to rename the remote client's SQL DLL to .OLD or something so it doesn't load.
Two.  Re-install the remote client.
Three.  A registery change.

None of these worked.   Last resort is to upgrade to 10.D or 11.D.   I will be doing that soon, and report back.

Additional Information:  I have two licenses for BE Windows Server.  Both are running 10.0 SP5.  One is a stand-alone and one with remote clients.  The problem surfaced with the Remote Clients.  However, I am doing the testing with what was the stand-alone by installing remote clients.  This way I am not affecting my main backup server.

MatrixAdmin
Not applicable
Version 10.0 Rev. 5484 SP4...I'm having the same issue after loading SP2 for Windows 2003 Server. The remote servers are backup up fine...it's only the local drives on the backup server that are failing. Shadow Copy Components are backing up fine.

The KB article on this subject is vague and useless. I haven't had a good backup on this server is well over a week. Nothing I've tried has resolved the issue.

Can anyone throw me a bone?

Smiley Mad

Message Edited by MatrixAdmin on 11-06-2007 07:36 AM

Charpy
Level 2
I went ahead and upgraded my 10.0 stand-alone BE server to 10.D.  I pushed out the updated Remote Client to the TWO SQL Servers.  In testing, the backups worked with no problems.   SInce this worked I knew that upgrading my main BE server shoud resolve the problem.  I was going to do the upgrade the next day.

Here's the interesting thing.  My main BE server, still running v10.0, started doing the SQL backups using the v10.D Remote Client that I pushed out from the upgraded 10.D machine!

I still plan on upgrading my main BE server to v10.D, and maybe to 11.D, but it's good to know the SQL Server backups are being backed-up again.

If something else happens in this matter, I'll post it here!

Charpy

Charpy
Level 2
Just wanted everyone to know that my backups are still doing fine.

I've not upgraded my main backup server to 10.D yet, but the 10.D clients are having no issues backing up data on my two SQL servers.