cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The invisible media - BE 2012

NP_in_CMH
Level 3

We're testing our Disaster Recovery Sets in a lab situation. I'm trying to recover a SharePoint server, and I've completed the first step of recovering the server using the SDR file and disk. Now I'm trying to get the DBs back to working order, which requires that I setup a BE media server and push the DBs back onto the server using the BE Agent. I've setup a lab BE media server and added the media that has the backup set to it as a storage option. BE sees the drive, and can tell me how much space is available on the drive, but when I inventory it, it doesn't recognize the BE backups I created, nor will it catalog it. I'm confused why it can't see the data. I can pull it up via the Windows Explorer console, and I used the data to build the SharePoint server using the SDR system. I would expect that it would prompt me at some point for the encryption key used to encrypt the data, but I have not been prompted. Thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

Hi,  

have you followed the steps in this document?  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH53313 

what version of Sharepoint is this and what specific errors are you getting?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

2) What are the errors that you get when you inventory and catalog the disk storage?

2) Have you tried doing a small backup to another disk storage on this test media server?  This is to test whether the catalog directory is o.k.

NP_in_CMH
Level 3

Hi PKH,

Thanks for responding my problem! When I inventory the disk storage I get an error: "e0008214 - Library error source location is empty." However, I am not using a tape. This is disk-based storage. There is a lot of content on it, almost 1TB of content. I tried reading this same disk on our actual media server and it says there's nothing on it either. I'm going to start over, we're creating a new duplicate data set and will see Monday if we can read it on our BE test media server. Thanks!