cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system

Paul_McAlister
Not applicable
I am running 9.1 on Windows 2003 server. I have been running this for near to a year now wiht no issues until about a month ago. Now I am getting the following error. And none of my jobs are completing

The job failed with the following error: The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

I have installed Service Pack 4a
BE4691RSP4A_280008.EXE - VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691 - Service Pack 4a - Includes Critical Security Update - 11/30/2005

But still having same issue. Anybody have a solution for this?
3 REPLIES 3

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Paul!

Does a backup of a single small file also fail?
What is the kind of a backup that you are running?
If remote, have you updated the remote agents?
If you are backing up to a tape device, is the device having any problems. Check the system event logs.
Is there a DR watson entry for the application error?

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Trent_Greenawal
Level 3
Has anyone found a solution to this problem above. I am having the same exact problem. We are planning to put the newest SP4a on this week, to see if the issue will resolve itself. Re-starting the service every morning is getting to be quite a problem.

Thanks in advance for help,
Trent

Filip_Notebaert
Level 4
Hi Trent,

I have had the exact same problem for several months. No one at Veritas supplied me with a solution; I had to discover myself that my backup tape was full, and instead of giving me a Media Alert, the Job Engine would simply crash.

Try backing up less data and see what happens.

Good luck,

Filip