cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The path appears to be an invalid path. Please ensure the server name and share name are correct.

abill
Level 2

I have downloaded a trial version of Backup Exec version 20.2 rev 1188, but I can't add my storage.

The error I get is "The path appears to be an invalid path.  Please ensure the server name and share name are correct."

I've found this document: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100028740, but it still doesn't work.

The storage device is in DNS, and it's pingable from the BE server. The user also has full read/write to it.

I'm trying to add it as disk storage.

Also, I can map the drive through Windows, but I can't see it as a local disk from the drop down.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stephen_Kent
Level 4
Employee

Ok...Thanks for the update. I'm thinking this is probably a permissions issue. The Backup Exec service account needs to have permissions to the share. Check to see if the account has permissions to the share. If the share is on a NAS that isn't part of the domain, create an account that matches the Backup Exec service account and grant it permissions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen_Kent
Level 4
Employee

You cannot add a mapped drive in Backup Exec. The way you would actually add remote storage would be to give it the path to the share.

So if the storage is on ServerX in a share called MyShare, you would add the path as \\ServerX\MyShare just like you're mapping a drive to it. You can NOT map that to say a X: drive on the Backup Exec server and used that X: drive as a storage location.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I'm still not able to add the storage using the UNC path even though the host is resolvable.

Regards

Stephen_Kent
Level 4
Employee

Ok...Thanks for the update. I'm thinking this is probably a permissions issue. The Backup Exec service account needs to have permissions to the share. Check to see if the account has permissions to the share. If the share is on a NAS that isn't part of the domain, create an account that matches the Backup Exec service account and grant it permissions.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You must grant the BE sign-in account full read/write authority to the entire NAS, not just the share.

Thanks, it's working now. As you mentioned, I had to add a user to the NAS, with the same userid/passwd as the service account. I also had to add the information in the Windows Credentials Manager.

Regards

Hi   

I am bharath  we are using backup exec 2015  , Before the is running fine in NAs now they changed Domain administrator password now i am using new password  we also update the nas , 

We able to take share from backup server but we are unable to add the storage

The error I get is "The path appears to be an invalid path.  Please ensure the server name and share name are correct."

please help on this