cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The query for media sequence number 1 of this media family was unsuccessful...?

cdmg
Level 2
Please forgive the repost but I thought I might get faster assistance by creating a new topic.

The job spans two tapes and continues to fail during the verify stage with the following error. 

Verify

The query for media sequence number 1 of this media family was unsuccessful.

The problem with troubleshooting this is that I can only run that particular job on the weekend and at most twice as it takes about 16 hrs to complete.  I tried using different tapes but to no avail.  I am hoping someone here could give me some ideas.

I am only seeing tape 2 in the catalogs so I tried cataloging the tapes separately and the job failed.

Job ended: Monday, January 18, 2010 at 4:28:26 PM Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation. Final error category: Backup Media Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304

I am scouring the forums here but I keep coming up short in terms of a resolution.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cdmg
Level 2

The server was the problem.  Some OS maintennce was done and the server was rebooted.  This solved the problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

This issue could be due to a number of problems: corrupt catalogs in the Catalogs folder, catalogs/tapes overwritten, or bad tapes.

We can try creating a new Catalogs folder:
1  : Stop all the BE Services and the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service.
2  : Navigate to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\ and rename the CATALOGS folder to CATALOGS_OLD and create a new CATALOGS folder.
3  : Start the SQL Server (BKUPEXEC) service and then the BE services.
4  : In Backup Exec, go to Tools|Options and click on the Catalog setting.
5  : Uncheck the "Use storage media-based catalogs" box, if its checked.
6  : Run the backup job again

Hope this helps...

cdmg
Level 2
Thank you for the suggestion.  I went a little further in that I created a new catalogs folder on another drive (with more space) and changed the path in BE accordingly.  I reran the job and it faild with the following errors

Errors

Backup- \\TT-CHY-GTIAPP64\H: ArchiveStorageCatalog Error
V-79-65535-65535 - An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs.
A synthetic backup of this resource will not include the data backed up by this operation until the next full or incremental backup of this resource runs.

Verify

The query for media sequence number 1 of this media family was unsuccessful.
Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged.

I then tried to catalog the media to see what would happen and I got 

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Monday, January 25, 2010 at 10:45:05 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-2304

I came across an FAQ that suggested deleting the media which I did (move media to retired media the delete) and I am now rerunning the catalog.  We will see how that works.

Muhammad_Susiwa
Level 3
Hi cdmg,

Any futher progress?

Many Thanks

cdmg
Level 2

The server was the problem.  Some OS maintennce was done and the server was rebooted.  This solved the problem.

superalf
Level 3
Hi cdmg,

I'm getting the same error message when my duplicate from disk to tape job runs. What sort of OS maintenance did you run on the server?

Thanks.