cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The selected server is not a valid managed Backup Exec server. But there is no CASO environment

inky80
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hello,

after upgrading from BE2010 to 2012 and moving the database over to the new server (external SQL2008 Database), everything seemed to work fine.

Last night, ~30 out of 70 jobs have turned into status: "Ready; The selected server is not a valid managed Backup Exec server.  The job may be retargeted."

But there has never been a CAS option neither on the old system nor on the new one. I tried to fix it with doing the db maintenance tasks with BEUtility (repair, compress and re-organizing the indicies) without any effect.

I am still not able to run the jobs. If i do, there is no error message but it just won't start.

Any hints will be appreciated ;)

Regards

Ben

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you tried to remove the RAWS agent and then reinstall it?

Thanks!

inky80
Level 2
Partner Accredited

No, did not. Why is the Agent involved at this point?

In addition, i found that this behaviour only occurs when a server has incremental jobs.

But even running the full job first, doesnt solve it. 

So meanwhile i recreated those jobs from templates and it seems to be working now. But for future use, i would like to have this explained if possible :)

Sir_Fang_the_Gr
Level 3
Employee

This issue will be discussed in the following technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH188856

HolgateITS
Level 3

The above link doesn't work. I would like to see this article.

Sir_Fang_the_Gr
Level 3
Employee

This issue is still under investigation.  Once the root cause and the solution are discovered, this article will be made public.  Until then, you should call in and open a support case to get this looked into.

Currently it is believed that running your full backups will resolve this issue for your incrementals and differentials.