cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The server restarts when the backup job begins

mp2
Level 3

Hello, I need help.
Since BE 2014 sp1 update my file server (virtual server) restarts when starting a backup job.
I have found no information on similar cases, will this be a new option that can be selected? an agent error?
These events are not recorded as events, as it happens, the connection is lost with mapped network drives by customers as well as the RD connections.
In the job history for the server issues an exception stating crash consistent recorded.

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
There are very limited configurations with virtual media server that are supported. You got to give more details about your media server, like what is it backing up to and how are these devices connected to the media server

mp2
Level 3

BE 2014 running on a Dell R320
The physical server is a Dell R720 connected via SCSI to a PoweVault MD3220i. Here I have a license for Hyper-V
The backup job is done against this physical server where are hosted, among others, the domain controller, Exchange and file server, respectively existing license database and windows.
Everything works fine except as detailed for the File Server, at first I did not realize that the server is restarted, not finding events and because it is a time where there are no users connected, but as I was making progress in resolving the exception, run live work and see how this virtual server is lost when starting the backup.

All equipment is installed with Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, then the virtual machines have been updated as patches that were released, while the physical server is maintained with the first version. Could this be the problem?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE 2014 running on a Dell R320
The physical server is a Dell R720 connected via SCSI to a PoweVault MD3220i

I am confused.  Is the R720 a separate server?  Is BE running in a VM or on the physical R320?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Any errors in the Hyper-V VMMS logs ?

mp2
Level 3

BE running on physical R320

R720 hace Hyper-V roll

No error on logs.

Now I detected informative saved state events and verify that the virtual server is assigned a different drive for shadow copy of volume G: (volume of data). I'm understanding that it should be assigned the same letter.