cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The specified network name is no longer available.

Balonka
Level 2

Hi

I keep getting this error on larger backups.

Storage device "" reported an error on a request to write data to media.

Error reported:

The specified network name is no longer available.

V-79-57344-34036 - An unknown error has occurred

B2d test gives med this

No write buffering B2D Configuration - FAILED - Unable to flush file buffers for test file: (0x40) The specified network name is no longer available.

I have tried UNC paths / mapped drive remove space in catalogsnames checked networks connections

8 REPLIES 8

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

When it fails, is it specifying anything in particular?
This can happen if something is present in your selection list that no longer exists. The way to get around this will be to open your selection list, and switch to text view. If the entry causing the error exists there, then simply delete it.

Laters!

Balonka
Level 2
No, it don´t specifying anything. I get the same error when backing databases so i don´t think it´s a broken or missing file that causing this..

Any other ideas?

CraigV
Are you backing up those SQL DBs with other files, and if so, what happens when you backing up just the DBs?

Balonka
Level 2
I get same error message on both db and file backup jobs. It get´s worse on larger jobs small test job goes fine 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As you have said that B2Dtest fails - which has nothing to do with your jobs in terms of what it does, have you reviewed the advice in the document about the use of B2Dtest

http://entsupport.symantec.com/docs/321584

CraigV
Any news here...?

Balonka
Level 2
No news here keep getting the same error,,

teiva-boy
Level 6
If B2Dtest fails, you have some other issue in your networking, or storage configuration you need to solve first.  This is not a Backup Exec issue.