cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is a backup job that fails very often before ending; how can I back up the remaining files?

FrancescLlop
Level 0

There is a backup job that fails very often before ending, sometimes at 15%
or 70% or ...any number; how can I create a backup job to back up the remaining
files?
It is very important for me to have full backups; I am trying to find why the
backup job fails, but now is more important for me to supplement the failed job
to have a full backup.

Thanks.

Francesc.

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

There is no way to just backup what the failed job filled to backup.

You have to determine what is causing the failure of the full backup and correct it

When i have a Job that fails i use the error handling to automatically retry the Job 2 more times to try and get a sucessful backup.

Cheers

Steve

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Francesc,

If you are backing up only Files & Folders in your backups job then you may want to configure CheckPoint restart option. Please refer to the following technote:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000109054

Checkpoint restart is a backup job setting that enables Backup Exec to automatically restart a job that is interrupted. The job restarts from the point where it was interrupted instead of starting over at the beginning. Backup Exec waits two minutes after the job stops and then attempts to restart the interrupted job. If the job cannot be restarted automatically or if checkpoint restart is disabled, you must restart it manually. A manual restart starts the job at the beginning instead of at the point where the job was interrupted.

Hope this Helps !!!

Regards,

Sush...