cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This job failed with the following error, One or more SQL Databases consistency checks failed

rbramble2013
Level 3

Hello,

I have a Server running Windows 2008 R2, and Hyper-V HOST, it is running 2 virtual servers running.

One of them is a SQL2008R2 server, the other one is running Windows SBS2011 standard. My question is about the SQL server.

I called Tech Support but because the client I am supporting is running "Not for Resale" version no telephone support is authorized. This client is running Symantec Backup Exec 2012 (14.0 SP1). They have an external USB drive and a HP RDX drive. Neither storage produces a good reliable backup.

Backup- sqlserverV-79-57344-65085 - There was a problem running the DBCC.
The server principal "JHS\backups" is not able to access the database "ReportServer" under the current security context.

V-79-57344-65085 - There was a problem running the DBCC.
The server principal "JHS\backups" is not able to access the database "ReportServerTempDB" under the current security context.

Backup- sqlserver\MSSQLSERVERV-79-57344-867 - The last Full backup of database ReportServer was not made by this application.  Run a new Full backup, then run this job again.

V-79-57344-867 - The last Full backup of database ReportServerTempDB was not made by this application.  Run a new Full backup, then run this job again.

V-79-57344-867 - The last Full backup of database Database_Pro was not made by this application.  Run a new Full backup, then run this job again.

Any ideas of what I need to try next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The V-79-57344-65085 error may be a permissions issue please view the following Doc

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144230

for the V-79-57344-867 error it appears that the LSN has been reset by another application. are you using any other type backup software to protect these D.B.'s please review the following doc

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The V-79-57344-65085 error may be a permissions issue please view the following Doc

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH144230

for the V-79-57344-867 error it appears that the LSN has been reset by another application. are you using any other type backup software to protect these D.B.'s please review the following doc

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...1 other TN to add to what Donald has provided:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137587

Thanks!

rbramble2013
Level 3

Hello,

This forum looks to be very helpful. That would make since with permission errors if the consistancy checks failed. I read the logs as this was backed up from another user from the Symantec backup so I cleared the old backups and verified permissions to the SysAdmin user and setup the backups again.

I am going to run a backup again and see what happens. I will post back tomorrow.

Thanks for you help.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Apart from permissions, do ensure these dBs (ReportServer, ReportServerTempDB) are not 0KB in size, nor are they corrupt.

rbramble2013
Level 3

I was able to get a full system backup. After reading the links above from Donald, I completely removed all previous backup attempts and histories and logged in with the SysAdmin account, I did get a successful bakcup last night.

Thanks.