cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Change while backup was running

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
Since last night was the time change in EST time zone - here is what happened to my backup - my backup started at 10:30 PM and ran thought out the night. After the job completed, the backup is now schedule to start at 9:30 PM. I cannot get the backup to switch back to the 10:30 PM start time, I even restarted the backup services. This happened in past versions also. Can someone explain why I now cannot get the backup to the start time I desire. Is there a fix for this issue?
7 REPLIES 7

Eric_Christians
Level 3
All my start times were pushed back an hour, even with no jobs were running. I tried to delete and reschedule but the start time always get pushed back an hour. Also, The default start time window changed from 11:00pm to 10:00pm, but if I try to schedule a new job at the 10:00 default it actually gets scheduled at 9:00pm.

I also noticed that the 'sent time' on the smtp email notifications that I receive was one hour earlier than when it was actually sent. This was happening prior to the time change. After the time change the 'sent time' is now correct. Time zone settings on the server are correct and synched via NTP. (WIndows 2003 Standard Server)

Eric_Sabo_2
Level 5
If someone from Veritas can explain why this happens and how to correct this?

Peggy
Level 2
This is a flaw in BE that Veritas has been aware of, although they initially denied the problem, since spring of 2004. I was promised by support that this program problem would be fixed in the next full release of BE. They meant V10 of BE. Unfortunately, V10 also has the flaw. Veritas obviously did not fix this issue. We not only lost all configured alert notifications but additionally 3 jobs that were either running or pending changed their start times for the next scheduled run by one hour!! Veritas is unresponsive as to when this will be fixed.

Janice_Fielder
Level 3
Has anybody got a work around for this. I can't have backup starting at 10 pm as I still have people on the system then.

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Hi,

This is a known issue with Backup exec. Currently there is no fix available. However the workaround is to recreate backup job(s) and this should help.

You may launch a product enhancement request using the following link:

http://enhancement.veritas.com

You may also subscribe to our Email Notification Service for latest updates and new releases:

http://support.veritas.com/info/alerts.htm

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Hello

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
Gaurav

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.