cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timed out on the call InsertBackupDefinition

hippototamus
Level 3

Hello.

Im struggling with a task to add 2 linux servers for backup. Servers were added succesfully, bet when I try to add backup job for the both servers, i get error - Communication with the server timed out on the call 'InsertBackupDefinition'.

Before that I tried to update a different backup job, and got server timed out error on updating the existing job.

Any ideas where to look and how to fix this?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Have you checked the BE 15 SCL to make sure your version of Linux is actually supported...?

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000024530

If it isn't then you are unsupported...not all versions of Linux are tested and verified with BE.

Thanks!

hippototamus
Level 3

Hi, yes. The linux versions are supported. After described error, I noticed that the backup still was added to backup jobs. But as I try to run backup It gives me error: (despite it has full access to the server and I can telnet into 10000 port)

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000f02 - The Backup Exec server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Also If I try to edit the backup, It gives me: Communication with the server timed out on the call "UpdateBackupDefinition" error.

indecision

Dirk_Ehlers
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Hi, We had a similar problem with a customer. We couldn't create jobs or edit existing jobs and got the same errors.The Veritas support found a solution for this: Under "Configuration and Settings" -> "Backup Exec Settings" -> "Logon Account" enable the button "Check logon accounts only at the server level" After a restart of the BE services we could create / edit jobs.