cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top 20 Most Valued Backup Exec Articles

Turls
Level 6
Here is the list of the top 20 Knowledge Base articles.The list is determined by various factors that prove the article's value to our customers. Therefore, please make it a point to check this list first to see if your issue has already been addressed.  And FYI, this list would be updated on a quarterly basis.

Good luck!

Rank

Article ID

Article Title

The error message “Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start” is displayed when at...

Backup Exec Device and Media service fails to start with the message "Database specified does not ex...

The backup of shadow copy components fails with the error "0xe000fed1 - A failure occurred querying ...

Best practices for Backup Exec 12 Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server

Granular Restore Technology (GRT) used with a Backup-to-Disk (B2D) device results in the disk or the...

A backup or restore job fails with the error "Final error: 0xe00084ed - A hardware error occurred."

The Utility jobs in Backup Exec will not run until the server is paused/unpaused in the Backup Exec ...

The error, "V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine"...

A job warning alert "The Symantec ThreatCon Level is not up-to-date" is generated in Backup Exec 12....

Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007 Granular Restore Technology (GRT) Backups to Tape appears to hang in...

When performing a backup operation, the following error:"WARNING: "\***\***\***\***.pst" is a corrup...

How to prevent Backup Exec from failing a backup operation when encountering corrupt files (excludin...

Device jobs remain in a "pending" or "Queued" state indefinitely and "scheduled" jobs do not run at ...

When attempting to run a cleaning job from the Jobs | New Clean Drive Job menu, stand-alone tape dri...

Backup job fails with the error 0xe00084f4 An unknown error has occurred when running a backup job t...

Network Attached Storage (NAS) appliance compatibility with Backup Exec 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, and 12.x (N...

How to find out why a Backup Exec for Windows Servers (BEWS) backup or restore job has failed

How to backup the Windows Distributed File System (DFS) and File Replication Server (FRS) Data with ...

Error: e0008821: Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action i...

Reasons why the data throughput rate can be slower than the theoretical maximum when backing up to o...

2 REPLIES 2

FarHorizons
Level 3
I am in the process of converting from BackupExec 9.1 to BackupExec 12.5. I am phasing in the 12.5 installation in our domain. I have the media server installed fine. I uninstalled the early version of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Server that was running under the 9.1 install on one of our servers, and attempted to install the new version via the Media Server push, "Tools" "Install Agents & Media Servers on other servers". I select "Windows Remote Agents" then "Add" and enter IP address and domain for the Win 2000 server SP 4 computer in question. I enter logon credentials for the push and click OK. I select "Remote Agent for Windows Servers" as well as the OFA. I say "No" to the reboot warning, as I plan to reboot the server later tonight. I enter the IP address for the media server and click "OK". I review and confirm all settings and click "Next", then "Install". Conection is established. It appears as though the first part of the push / install goes fine, but the second fails. The install log has the following RED entry, I assume to be the problem:

ERROR: error 1327. Invalid drive M:

Drive M: is the remapping of the users "My Documents" folder to a network volume for backup purposes via an AD policy.

I have created a Selection List, and included some data from the server in question. Data is being backed up, though with exceptions;  The media server was unable to connect to the remote agent on machine racersweb.gbe.local. The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.

Any direction that can be offered on this would be appreciated.

Thank you & have a great day.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As this has absolutely nothing to do with Swathi's original post, this should be a new topic

That said, you cannot backup mapped drives.  You need to backup the server share that the map connects to