cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Version of BE2012 support tape library backup multiple jobs in two drives??

Kelvin3
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Dear bor/sis,

Our seniario Our scenario:

One HP Tape Library with 2 drives

One HP Server

One SAN Switch

Now I am using the SAN Switch connected between Tape Library with 2 drives and Server via fiber channel. I got the 2 problem in my farm.

1. I cannot run the backup job in the second tape drive, but when I click the inventory that the 2 tape drives can mount media in the tape drives. When I try to run 2 backup job, only 1 job can be backup, other one prompt the warning message “Please insert overwritable media” I don’t know why the message will show on the second job, since 2 media is set to the same media set.
  2. Backup exec 2010 upgrade to Backup exec 2012, after upgrading the BE2012, I cannot backup the Exchange DAG Database, I try to run the credential test, but it show “test failed”, I don’t know why I am using the same account to upgrade the system will show this result and cannot backup.

Please help me !!

Many Many Thanks,

Kelvin.W@HK

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Do not move media into media sets in advance of running jobs as this immediately affects the overwrite protection timings. Leave them in the scratch set and let the BE job move it when it selects it.

Kelvin3
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Re: Colin Weaver

I will try to move all media to scratch media set later. Also I have a question about Exchange DAG, is it I must to deploy agent in all DAG Server? Since I have two DAG Server, one are store in production site and this connecting to Backup exec 2012, and other one store in DR site and those connecting to Backup exec 2010.

When I test the credential in production site, it shows me test failed, I don't know if the all DAG Server I have to deploy agent.