cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trialing De-Duplication Option ?

PCAU
Level 4

Hi

We are currently running BE 12.5 but have upgrade rights to 2010 R2 which we will do shortley.

I do however want to trial the data de-duplication option as we are looking into buying this aswell (ofcourse it wasn't an option for 12.5 so we'd need to purchase this as an option add-on later).

Can I upgrade to 2010 R2 and activate the de-duplication option as a trail whilst the rest of the product is fully licensed?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Of course you can...however, doing this assumes you also have an x64 server with an x64 OS. If you try this with Windows Server 2003 Standard x32 for example, the minute you try create the dedupe folder, it will fail.

Once you have the x64 server and x64 OS, it is as simple as selecting the dedupe option, which will activate for a 60-day trial.

Laters!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Of course you can...however, doing this assumes you also have an x64 server with an x64 OS. If you try this with Windows Server 2003 Standard x32 for example, the minute you try create the dedupe folder, it will fail.

Once you have the x64 server and x64 OS, it is as simple as selecting the dedupe option, which will activate for a 60-day trial.

Laters!

teiva-boy
Level 6

CraigV nailed it.  Just about any feature in v12 and higher can be installed and enabled without a key and used for 60 days in trial mode.

The only items that give you a hard time are CASO and SSO.  Those need need to be installed on a fresh install, and adding them in after the fact has caused more issue than good.

PCAU
Level 4

Thank you both.

Yes the media server is already 2008 x64 so I'm all set.

Hoping for good results using client side dedup on a FS with about 1TB of user data with what im positive will have a high percentage of duplicate files!