cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trialling NDMP

DCA-IT
Level 4

We would like to trial NDMP with Backup Exec 20.3. Veritas Support advised I can remove the licences from the server and this will start the trial period where I can make use of the NDMP functionality, when I remove the licences however, the application tells me the trial period has expired and I cannot go any further.

Can anyone shed any light on how we can test NDMP functionality using the Remote NDMP configuration with NetApp filers as per the attached document?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

The Trails starts on a option the first time you use it.

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100030829

Hi Steve,

Yes I am aware of this, however, I'm trying to find out how to get the trial period working again, or some other way of being able to trial NDMP. I do not have the option of a "first use" scenario.

Reinstalling Backup Exec and starting the trial from scratch is not an option.

Thanks

If you have used it once and your past 30-60 days there is no way to re-enable it.

There are trial extensions thru Veritas Sales but this extends the entire product that is already in trial and not license.

If you are attempting to test backing up a NDMP device to local Backup to disk then it maybe easier to setup BE on another server/vm in Eval and test from there.   You would just need the disk space depending on size of your NDMP volumes.  Multiple media servers can access a NDMP device.