cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Creating a Custom Report

Chris_Thomas
Level 3
I am trying to create a custom report that will show me the amount of data that was backed up on each of my servers for a specified period of time (30 days for example).  Ultimately, the report would show the server name, job run date and amount of data backed up (in something other than bytes).  I am having troubles putting this together.  Is this something that can be accomplished in BUE and if so, can anyone lend any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

3 REPLIES 3

Chris_Thomas
Level 3
There are some built-in reports that sort of give me what I'm looking for but not exactly.  Is there a way to edit the existing reports so i can customize them to my liking?

Wellsoft
Level 4
The reporting capability still stinks - as with other versions. You CAN manipulte them more in-depth in this version but you cannot combine fields from different catagories and you HAVE to know what VERITAS means, not what the field label is interpreted as by humans. I've played with them for months and finally gave up. At our next renewal I am considering switching to a different product specifically for the reporting. I wish there was a way to get decent reports but there isn't, even for the outrageous pricing.

Chris_Thomas
Level 3
Yeah, the last month or so I have been banging my head against the wall trying to work with their crummy reporting options.  I've pretty much come to the same conclusion you mentioned:  It just sucks.

Oh well, I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!
-Chris