cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble backing up new system

Jeff_Beedham
Level 3
I have added a new machine to our environment and I was unable to back it up last night. I got the error "unable to connect to remote agent". I set veritas to backup the shares of this new system. Should that work or do I need to install the remote agent on the target machine?Message was edited by:
Jeff Beedham
4 REPLIES 4

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Jeff,

If you don't install the remote agent, you will always get the error that the server cannot connect to the remote agent.

It's easiest to just install the agent, since it makes backup selections a lot simpler.

If you really want to just use shares to backup the system, you will have to put up with this error.

Jeff_Beedham
Level 3
Ok, so now I am trying to install the remote agent using the Serial Numbers and Installation wizard in Veritas 9.1. I get the error "Attempting to connect to server failed with the following error: Remote calls are not allowed for this process." The target server is running Windows Server 2003 R2. What should I do?

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Does the remote server by chance have the Windows firewall turned on? (disable it)

Instead of a remote install, try a local install. Copy the RANT32 folder off your media server onto the remote server, and run setupaa.cmd.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

You may refer to the below technote.

(title) Alternative local installation method for the Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) and the Advanced Open File Option (AOFO

http://support.veritas.com/docs/270066

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.