cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble establishing trust between BUE server and RHEL 6.5 agent after upgrading to BUE 2014

thomasrealestat
Level 0

I have Backup Exec 2014 running on a Windows 2008 Server, and I currently have the BUE client installed on three different Windows servers, which are communicating properlyw ith the BUE server. However, I'm having problems establishing trust between my RHEL 6.5 server and the Backup Exec server. RALUS installed without a problem on my RHEL 6.5 server and I can ping the RHEL server's dedicated network interface from the BUE server. However, when I attempt to add the RHEL 6.5 server to the BUE server list, the "inserting server..." window pops up, the progress wheel turns, but nothing ever happens. After 30-45 minutes of waiting (the process doesn't time out) I have to go through the disconnect routine—clicking the "Disconnect" button and then confirming my decision—twice before the process completes. Once the connection/trust establishment process fails, my RHEL server is listed with a status of "Connection not established." At that point the only thing I can do is remove the server.

The RHEL firewall is currently disabled and RALUS was communicating with the BUE server before I upgraded to 2014. What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Disable IPv6 on the RHEL server if it is enabled

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Disable IPv6 on the RHEL server if it is enabled