cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble moving BEDB to a new SQL-server

eaus
Level 3

Hi

As we are experiencing some troubles with our SQL-server I would like to move the BEDB to another SQL-server, but when I try to move it using BEutility I get the following error:

New Backup Exec Database Location
Stopping Services
Stopping services for server:APPSERVER.
Server:APPSERVER, Service:BackupExecAgentBrowser stopped successfully or was not running.
Server:APPSERVER, Service:BackupExecJobEngine stopped successfully or was not running.
Server:APPSERVER, Service:BackupExecRPCService stopped successfully or was not running.
Server:APPSERVER, Service:BackupExecDeviceMediaService stopped successfully or was not running.
Server:APPSERVER, Service:BackupExecAgentAccelerator stopped successfully or was not running.
Stopping services for server APPSERVER completed.
Operation to stop services completed.
Stopping SQL service on server: OLDSQLSERVER : MSSQLSERVER
Stopping SQL service on server: NEWSQLSERVER : MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS
Starting SQL service on server: NEWSQLSERVER : MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS
Failed to detach database BEDB from server NEWSQLSERVER\SQLEXPRESS.
Stopping SQL service on server: NEWSQLSERVER : MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS
Starting SQL service on server: OLDSQLSERVER : MSSQLSERVER
Detaching database BEDB from server OLDSQLSERVER.
Stopping SQL service on server: OLDSQLSERVER : MSSQLSERVER
Copying database file from \\OLDSQLSERVER\C$\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\bedb_dat.mdf to \\NEWSQLSERVER\c$\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\bedb_dat.mdf.
Copying database file from \\OLDSQLSERVER\C$\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\DATA\bedb.bak to \\NEWSQLSERVER\c$\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\bedb.bak.
Error: Copy database failed.
Operation to change location of Backup Exec database to SQL Server instance APPSERVER ended with errors.

BE2010 R3 is running on "APPSERVER", while "OLDSQLSERVER" is the old server running SQL 2005. "NEWSQLSERVER" is a virtual machine running SQL 2005 Express. All servers are MS Server 2003 R2.

Thanks for any help..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The manual process is simple, though we want to ensure that nothing "bad" happens to your database :) & hence, the reason for raising a formal ticket

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you enable remote connections on the remote SQL Express server?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlexpress/archive/2005/05/05/415084.aspx

VJware
Level 6

Have you tried to move it manually ?

EDIT*** If you have an active support, do raise a ticket with Support & there is a manual process for moving the BEDB

eaus
Level 3

I have not enabled this function, and I will definitely look into it - thank you!

eaus
Level 3

We do have an active support, however I was kind of hoping to be provided with these steps after making this thread - but if raising a ticket with Support is the way to go I will do this. Thank you.

VJware
Level 6

The manual process is simple, though we want to ensure that nothing "bad" happens to your database :) & hence, the reason for raising a formal ticket