cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubles with shadow copy

derek_church
Level 2
We recently bought Vertitas and have implemented it on a number of servers throughout our locations. All locations are working fine except one and we are unable to figure out why.
We have all the updates on the unit and we have reinstalled the product as well.

The error we get is Backup- Shadow?Copy?Components Shadow?Copy?ComponentsV-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list.

We have found some links to install a pariticular hotfix from Microsoft but its already been iinstalled according to them thanks to Service Pack 1

Also there is this little note, not sure if it helps or not
Note: Backup Exec did not perform a snapshot of all volumes simultaneously because the option 'Process logical volumes for backup one at a time' was selected as a backup job property.

They dont have an additional options such as Advanced File Option or anything, this is just a straight basic install. Anyone give us a hand?
6 REPLIES 6

S_Cooney
Level 3
I am also having this problem on our file server. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Wojciech_Szaro
Level 3
if you go to cmd (on box that you're trying to back up) and type:
vssadmin list writers
and
vssadmin list providers
do you get a list? if yes, are there any errors?

S_Cooney
Level 3
I have just tried both, no errors at all.

Wojciech_Szaro
Level 3
but, did you get a list of writers or was it just blank?

S_Cooney
Level 3
Got this list with no errors:

'COM+ REGDB Writer
Event Log Writer
Registry Writer
MSDE Writer
WMI Writer
FSRM Writer
System Writer

Wojciech_Szaro
Level 3
http://www.itnewsgroups.net/group/microsoft.public.windows.server.general/topic8512.aspx
scroll all the way to 3rd post and follow the steps, i had similar problem on one of my boxes and this took care of it.Message was edited by:
WoJo