cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troublesome Remote Agent

Hong_Man
Level 3
I have a server that has had troublesome Remote Agent installs, and now even after several error Remote Agent install attempts, Veritas still complains that it cannot connect to this server.

WHat should I do?
8 REPLIES 8

Milin_Desai_3
Not applicable
Try installing it asa local install?

Hong_Man
Level 3
Where can one find the exe for a local install?

Philip_Brown_2
Level 4
\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Agents

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly refer the following Document:

How to perform a local installation of the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers or the Advanced Open File Option

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258982

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Hong_Man
Level 3
Thanks!!!

Hong_Man
Level 3
OK, didnt work.

Same error still:

Completed Status: Failed
FInal Error: 0xe0000f02 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote Computer may not exist on the selected subnet, but the option to use any available network route was not selected. Try selecting an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface.

Backup - Servername

The Media Server was unable to connect to the remote machine: Servername using the selected subnet: 192.168.23.0

The Media Server was unable to connect to the remote machine: Servername using the selected subnet: 192.168.23.0

Whilst typing this I just had a thought. The server its failing on is on the 192.168.24.0 network, connected to the 192.168.23.0 network over a LES - Layer 3 switches with static routes on both sides to route traffic.

Could this have anyting to do with it?

Hong_Man
Level 3
Well, I ticked 'Use any available route' and now I get error:

The resource could not be backed up becuase an error occured when connecting the the Remote Agent

I looked this up on the net, and specified the service to use the domain admin credentials and also nothing else is running on port 10000 apart from beremote.

Please help, this is doing my head in!!

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Hello,

Add the Backup exec server name and it's ip address in the host file on the remote server and vice versa.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.