cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to change configuration for AOFA, can't authenticate user

Linda_Barker
Level 2
I'm trying to reduce the minimum quiet time from 5 seconds to 4 seconds but the Advanced Open File Option Wizard requires me to login with a user name, password and domain. We don't have a domain controller but the server name appears in the domain dropdown box. Our Windows workgroup is also in the domain dropdown box but either way, I get an error “The network path is not found.” If I try to blank it out, I get an error “Please enter a valid domain.” I tried everything I could think of. Is there another way I can change the minimum quiet time? Or is there a way I can fix whatever the problem is with this login?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

Renuka_-
Level 6
Hello,
Please ensure that the Backup Exec services are using an administrator password on the media server.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Linda_Barker
Level 2
I checked all the Backup Exec services and found that one, the remote agent, was not using the same login account as the other services. I changed it, stopped and restarted the Backup Exec services and tried to use the wizard but I'm still getting the same errors.

The login account that we are using is a member of the Administrators group but we are not using "Administrator" as the login account.Message was edited by:
Linda Barker

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

All backup services run under domain account except remote agent which uses local system account.

The error that you receive is due to incorrect login.
Please use the the BE account.
Do you receive the error only for this AOFO wizard?
Are the services started with this account?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.