cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to restore individual Exchange emails to a specific mailbox crashes the bengine.exe

Tornalis
Level 3
I'm just trying the restore a few emails from a backup-to-disk backup of an Exchange 2007 information store. Everything is fine is the restore job setup, but when I kick off the job the job engine service stops and the job timesout. Any ideas what might be happening or where to go to get some better logging? Many thanks in advance, pretty frustrating. Tor Event log messages: Application error: Faulting application bengine.exe, version 11.0.7170.62, faulting module bengine.exe, version 11.0.7170.62, fault address 0x0014231a. also get these: Backup Exec Caterrorhandler server: Catalog server (C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\bengine.exe) started. Catalog directory is C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\. Catalog server is AGA-BACKUP01. Database Connection String is "DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=AGA-BACKUP01\BkupExec;DATABASE=BEDB;App=BEWS Cat". Catalog server database has been synchronized with catalog files in C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Catalogs\. Number of backup sets added to the database are 0. Number of backup sets deleted from the database are 0. Size of the catalog folder is 9313.9 MB. Size of data processed in the catalog files during synchronization is 3.2685 MB. Number of noncatalog files in the catalog folder are 0.
5 REPLIES 5

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think you are using the BE 11d , if that is the case please make sure you have all the service pack and hotfix updated  on media server, also make sure remote agent is updated on the exchange server.

Also exchange server 2007 is installed on which OS?

Tornalis
Level 3
Sorry for the massive delay in getting back to you...been tied up with other things, and just now getting a chance to get back to this.

Yes, I'm using BE 11d and it's fully patched via LiveUpdate.
The Exchange 2007 server is running on Windows 2003 Server 64-bit SP2

Any ideas?

Tornalis
Level 3

Didn't work, I'm certainly up for suggestions.

Tornalis
Level 3
Nevermind the previous post...I answered my own question...which is no.

I think the problem my be related to this:

This is from the event log on the Exchange server:

Information Store (1768) A remote (TCP/IP) based streaming backup was attempted.  This functionality has been disabled by default settings.

Client: 172.16.4.26
 Service Flags: 0x3FC05C00
 For more information, see the topic "Using Backup to Back Up and Restore Exchange Data" in the Exchange Server 2007 Help.

Related posts:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/exchange-2007-sp1-disables-streaming-backup

Going to try doing this after hours when I can restart the info store:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem
Name: Enable Remote Streaming Backup
Type: DWORD
Value: 0 = default behavior (remote backup disabled)
1 = remote backup enabled

Tornalis
Level 3
Does the Exchange information store need to be offline for the restore?