cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable restore files on NetWare

Not applicable
I am using Veritas BE 9.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 server. On network are four NetWare 6.0 servers with Veritas Remote agent installed. When I run backup over NetWare SMS services I can select file system, NDS and all resources correctly. If i try restore some files to the same location (or another) on NetWare File System restore job failed with error access denied. In job history are messages "error writing SMS data stream" by each file which Veritas want to write to volume.I installed agent under special account, which have all neccesary right to eDir and filesystem. I tried run restore under Admin account and error is the same.Any idea whre is a problem ??Any answer will be greatly appreciated !!David Cecelsky
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
"David �e�elsk�" wrote:>I am using Veritas BE 9.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 server. On network are four>NetWare 6.0 servers with Veritas Remote agent installed. When I run backup>over NetWare SMS services I can select file system, NDS and all resources>correctly. If i try restore some files to the same location (or another)on >NetWare File System restore job failed with error access denied. In job>history are messages "error writing SMS data stream" by each file which>Veritas want to write to volume.>I installed agent under special account, which have all neccesary rightto >eDir and filesystem. I tried run restore under Admin account and error is>the same.>>Any idea whre is a problem ??>>Any answer will be greatly appreciated !!>>David Cecelsky >>David,If you are running NW6.0 SP4 or 5, the problem could be TSAFS. I had so muchtrouble,I got a copy of TSA600 from NW6.0 SP3. Worked like a charm. I'm not sureif this is fixed in any later version of TSAFS yet.Jim

Not applicable
Thanks, I applied new patches from Novell and this solved the problem."Jim" wrote in message news:41dedf04@ROSASTDMZ05....>> "David �e�elsk�" wrote:>>I am using Veritas BE 9.1 SP1 on Windows 2003 server. On network are four>>>NetWare 6.0 servers with Veritas Remote agent installed. When I run backup>>>over NetWare SMS services I can select file system, NDS and all resources>>>correctly. If i try restore some files to the same location (or another)> on>>NetWare File System restore job failed with error access denied. In job>>>history are messages "error writing SMS data stream" by each file which>>>Veritas want to write to volume.>>I installed agent under special account, which have all neccesary right> to>>eDir and filesystem. I tried run restore under Admin account and error is>>>the same.>>>>Any idea whre is a problem ??>>>>Any answer will be greatly appreciated !!>>>>David Cecelsky>>>>>> David,>> If you are running NW6.0 SP4 or 5, the problem could be TSAFS. I had so > much> trouble,> I got a copy of TSA600 from NW6.0 SP3. Worked like a charm. I'm not sure> if this is fixed in any later version of TSAFS yet.>> Jim