cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Establish ADAMM Session

Gareth_Weston
Level 2
Hello,

I am getting the error msg "Unable to Establish ADAMM session" on my backup jobs.

The jobs will seem to be starting and display "Queued" with brief status changes to "Loading Media" then back to "Queued". It does this for several hours until it eventually fails with the above error msg.

our tape device is a eight (8) cartridge auto loader mounted on the machine running Backup Exec.

I am using windows 2003 small business edition and backing up exchange, sql, and a few network drives with version 9.1

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Are you getting any event id 9 or 11 related to teh device?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
Are you able to do any media operations like inventory? If you view the available media in the Devices screen in Backup Exec, do they show overwritable and/or appendable for the job type you are running? It may be an odd connection status with the tape library... I would recommend first stopping/starting the Backup Exec services to reconnect with the devices. If that doesn't work, try cold restarting the server and library (if the library is not internal to the server, on restart allow the library to come up and initialize before starting the server). If you are seeing the events mentioned in the previous post, it may indicate a hardware problem.

Russ

Gareth_Weston
Level 2
No, no events related to the device at all.

Gareth_Weston
Level 2
The media shows "overwritable" but not appendable.

I am going to try starting and stopping the services and your other sugestions and see if that works...

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

In addition try inserting a blank media and then verify the result to isolate issues related to the overwrite protection and Append period.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.