cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Reload from Base

moowho
Level 2

I've been having quite a few issues with BE 2012. This project was recently assigned to me, and the environment was actuall migrated from a different server. Since that migration, I've seen issues with deduplication, as well as Jobs not showing up under a specific server/B2D folder; and some times I will randomly see the jobs again. I also ran the BE support tool, and saw errors with the schema mismatch etc. I just want to start fresh, and thought that the "Reload from Base" option would be the way to go. Once again, I'm faced with an issue. When I try the option to "Drop existing database and reload from base" I get the following error:

Error: The database base file does not exist.
Database recovery for server servername ended with errors.

More background info. The bedb is hosted on a different server on a SQL server 2008 R2 instance that also holds our Veeam database. All other database functions work through BEUtility, including the dump and repair. I could understand the recover failing, but the error message makes little sense. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

It's always recommended that the BEDB be located locally on the media server. It cuts out a lot of issues.

I'd recommend trying 1 of the 2 options below:

1. Run a repair of BE through Add/Remove Programs and see if you can locate the BEDB locally on the media server.

2. Uninstall/reinstall it and locate the BEDB locally on your media server.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV

Hi,

It's always recommended that the BEDB be located locally on the media server. It cuts out a lot of issues.

I'd recommend trying 1 of the 2 options below:

1. Run a repair of BE through Add/Remove Programs and see if you can locate the BEDB locally on the media server.

2. Uninstall/reinstall it and locate the BEDB locally on your media server.

Thanks!

moowho
Level 2

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you have a KB article I can cite for this? My boss is the one that configured BE, so if I call him out on something (unintentionally) I'd like to have some sources. 

CraigV

Sorry for getting back now, but check the link below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH176343

Thanks!