cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Run Backup Exec 2012 backups through V-Center

ncava001
Level 2

I am unable to run Backup Exec through Vcenter and backup machines that are virtual and physical. If I add the IP addresses and setup the backups individually, they will run. The issue in Vcenter is that they do not pass credential test. I have opened up ports TCP: 6101,10000, 3527, 6106, and 1125. Also UDP: 1434. Agents were installed on all physical devices. I am using an account that has domain and enterprise admin rights. All machines are running Windows 7.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ncava001
Level 2

Thanks for the help. I got it figured out now. I mistyped one of the port numbers.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Check below and make sure you have rights to vCenter as required:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130255

Thanks!

ArulPrasad
Level 6
Employee

I am unable to run Backup Exec through Vcenter and backup machines that are virtual and physical.

Bit confused on that statement. Are you not able create the job, or is the jobs fails during run for the virtual agent based job?

lmosla
Level 6

What version of VMware are you running?  

Make sure it is a supported version and that Backup Exec has all of the Live Updates installed with the remote agent re-pushed out to the remote machines.    also what is the error code from Backup Exec?

ncava001
Level 2

Thanks for the help. I got it figured out now. I mistyped one of the port numbers.