cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add MMS server to CAS - communication denied

Codders
Level 4

Hi there,

I've been working with support to convert an MMS into an LMS (for testing purposes).  I cannot recall how many times I've uninstalled and re-installed my MMS server - needless to say I've memorised the installation wizard!

However at my last attempt, the MMS server is not added to the CAS server...the communication request is denied because the CAS server thinks it has the MMS server listed within its database.  

Certainly within the GUI, there is no MMS server listed with the same name.  Aside from renaming the MMS server, is there a workaround here?

Many thanks,

Danny

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Danny,

Open up beutility.exe on the CASO and then runa repair of the BEDB.

Then try adding it again.

Also make sure the correct ports are open on the CASO/MMS as per the below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO22990

Thanks!

Codders
Level 4

Hi CraigV,

All ports are open so I've opted to run the repair - which completed OK.  I was still unable to add the MMS.  I'm currently uninstalling the MMS and will try a repair on the DB again before re-installing the MMS.

Codders
Level 4

Unfortunately I've still had no luck.  The CAS server still thinks there's an MMS server with the same name.  At the moment the MMS server appears in the CAS as a Backup Exec Server whereas instead I'm looking for it to be a Managed Backup Exec Server (however if I double click the server, the description field says it's a managed backup exec server).

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...did you use BEutility.exe or the wizard within BE itself? You can always try the other option depending on what you've tried.

Thanks!

Codders
Level 4

Hi CraigV,

I only tried added via the wizard within BE - I didn't know you could use BEUtility. 

I have since renamed the MMS server (I'll just have to get over my OCD concerning my computer naming convention!)

Thanks for the  suggestion.

Regards,

Danny

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Multiple BEUtility operations regarding CASO have been removed since BE 2012. And afaik, the option to add or remove CASO/MMS isn't present anymore in BEUtility & the only operation regarding CASO-MMS is to enable or disable communication.