cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach Error

S_Mike
Level 3
 Hi,

Since i've upgraded my Oracle DB from 8.1.5 to 8.1.7 the Oracle agent has been giving me hassels! Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to reset password for all jobs and agent!I have a user created specifically for backup exec and they have domain admin rights

Thanks
Mike
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

shirmal
Level 5
 Hi Mike,

I've only ever done this on version 7.3 so here goes...

Go to the Oracle server and run the setup for Veritas Oracle Agent (should be in the start menu\programs for the user that originally set it up) - this should have fields for the server allowed to connect (ie the backup server) and a password field - enter a password here. Then go to the backup server and run Backup Exec. Browse to the Oracle agent and RH click on the Oracle server. Select "Attach as" from the dropdown menu and enter the same password. This should allow you to see all the objects under the Oracle instance.

Hope this helps

---cheers

shirmal

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

shirmal
Level 5
 Hi Mike,

I've only ever done this on version 7.3 so here goes...

Go to the Oracle server and run the setup for Veritas Oracle Agent (should be in the start menu\programs for the user that originally set it up) - this should have fields for the server allowed to connect (ie the backup server) and a password field - enter a password here. Then go to the backup server and run Backup Exec. Browse to the Oracle agent and RH click on the Oracle server. Select "Attach as" from the dropdown menu and enter the same password. This should allow you to see all the objects under the Oracle instance.

Hope this helps

---cheers

shirmal