cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to attach to a resource (good times)

bolbec
Level 3
I am trying to restore someone's calendar and getting the following message: "The job failed with the following error: Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again."  It's BackupExec 12.0 running on a Windows Server 2003 R2 box, and restoring to another Windows Server 2003 R2 box running Exchange 2003 Standard.

I've gone through both the Symantec support pages, as well as everything I could find on Google and I haven't had any luck.  I'm not doing any sort of weird restore of 2003 data to 2007, or restoring from a store that no longer exhists.  Firewall is good, version of the remote agent is updated (as far as I can tell, I repushed it after the last live update) BE is as up to date as Live Update will let it be.

I'm stumped, and this is a director level end user wanting her calendar restored ASAP.  Seems her Blackberry took a dump while syncing and knocked out her calendar on the Exchange server.

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi bolbec,

Try staging it to disk first before restoring from tape.
Read this article I wrote here which will tell you how to do it:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Laters!

bolbec
Level 3
Oh sorry, I should clarify that I am not restoring from tape; I just do disk to disk backups anymore.

Dev_T
Level 6
This might be the credential issue
Make sure that:
1  : The Backup Exec Service Account is the member of the Local Admin on the Exchange Server
2  : The Backup Exec Service Account must be the Exchange Full Admin with a Mailbox and not hidden from the Exchange Address list.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Can a Symantec employee/admin please delete this cr@p from Myla X? It's useless advertising and has nothing to do with the query.