cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup DC

oops_c2003
Level 4

Hi

I am trying to backup a DC , I am unable to backup the machine error message you dont have user rights , I have given the reqyuired permissions still the same

Can some one help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Aha...if there is a trust in place between the 2 domains, then it's easy...you simply add your Backup Exec service account to the DOmain Admins group in that domain.

Otherwise, you can try creating an account for backups (different name!) in the remote domain with the same level of rights as your current BESA. Once done, add that into Backup Exec, and then go to your selection list. Expand that server, and then when it prompts you for a user account, choose the new 1 you just added.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

Hi,

Make sure your BE service account has the rights as per the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH23689

Thanks!

oops_c2003
Level 4

Thanks for the quick update, I have the macjhine in a different domain is there anything i need to do?

CraigV

Aha...if there is a trust in place between the 2 domains, then it's easy...you simply add your Backup Exec service account to the DOmain Admins group in that domain.

Otherwise, you can try creating an account for backups (different name!) in the remote domain with the same level of rights as your current BESA. Once done, add that into Backup Exec, and then go to your selection list. Expand that server, and then when it prompts you for a user account, choose the new 1 you just added.

Thanks!

oops_c2003
Level 4

Thanks Craig, that worked out

CraigV

No problems...it works out well with domain trusts in place. Not having them makes things slightly harder!