cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup SQL 2014 database

Stephen_Keating
Level 4

Hello

I have added a database to an existing SQL 2014 server, running on Windows 2012R2. I already have an account setup on the domain to do the Backup Exec accounts, and it works for the current SQL database, but not the new one. I am getting the following issues:

There was a problem running the DBCC.
The server principal "domain\user account" is not able to access the database "tew_app_data" under the current security context

The domain\user account is the one used for BackupExec backups, and passes the test for backing up the databases.

Where do I need to go in SQL and what box needs to be checked, so that I can run the DBCC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please work with your DBA to see what is different with the new database.
Best to use SQL DBA credentials for the user account that you add in BE for SQL backups.

DBA does not need to share password with you - ask him/her to type in the password during the config. 
Else, if new user is created, work with SQL DBA to confirm the required permissions at OS and SQL level. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please work with your DBA to see what is different with the new database.
Best to use SQL DBA credentials for the user account that you add in BE for SQL backups.

DBA does not need to share password with you - ask him/her to type in the password during the config. 
Else, if new user is created, work with SQL DBA to confirm the required permissions at OS and SQL level. 

BE account should have the same permissions as the SQL 'sa' account?