cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to backup exchange 2010 sp1 DAG

najmulhasan
Level 4

Hi Experts,

Iam encountering a strange issue wherein iam working since a week and the Problem still unresolved,I would appreciate if anyone can help me out with this.

Environment

Windows 2008 R2 OS on Exchange servers

Exchange 2010 SP1 DAG

Backupexec 2010 R3 with sp2

Symantec system recovery 2011 with sp1 Installed on Exchange nodes

Forefront 2010 Installed on exchange nodes.

Iam unable to run exchange backup jobs ,it throws me an error after 80 min of snapshot processing

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x80042316 - 0x80042316 (2147754774)
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-32772-8982
 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: M...

V-79-10000-11233 - VSS Snapshot error. A Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot is alre...

I had tried the following

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59155

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH162596&actp=search&viewlocale=en_...

The status for all writers are stable when running vssadmin list writers command on Exchange nodes.

Thanks in advance...

4 REPLIES 4

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

What are your Backup Exec & System Recovery backup schedules ?

If you disable System Recovery temporarily, do the backups complete ?

After the backup job failure, do restart the Symantec SymSnap VSS Provider and Volume Shadow Copy services via services.msc

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Please also check if your maintainence for exchange databases is schedule during backup time window if that is the case please change the database maintainence schedule to run at some different time or else configure backup to run at some different time

Thanks

Najmul
Level 3

Hi,

Opened up a case with symantec,It was a forefront issue stopping the backup,Installed Rollup 1

and the backups worked fine..

Thanks for your support...

Backup_Exec1
Level 6

Hi

Thanks for the update & glad to know all working fine you can mark this as solved as issue is resolved now

Thanks