cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to AWS S3 Storage BEMSDK Failure code E0009B3F

naarmstrong
Level 4

so trying to connect to S3 using the "aws_access_key_id" for the username and "aws_secret_access_key" and the password i am recieving the following error. It cant seem to be able to find the buckets to select from which should be the next step.

Capture.PNG

this is what i could get from the debug monitor

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

In BE Install path, create a file libstspiamazon.perf
Type the following content inside and save the file.

AMZ:PROXY_IP=192.168.2.110           
AMZ:PROXY_PORT=8080                   
AMZ:PROXY_TYPE=HTTP    

Refer attached screenshot as well.               

The above entries are - 
<IP of your Proxy Server>
<Port>
<Protocol>

Try to configure the cloud storage post this

View solution in original post

Gurvinder

Try with pref extension of the file.
libstspiamazon.pref

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Gurvinder

Launch SGMON.exe from BE Install Path
From under debug tab -> capture -> select beserver, bengine, device and media (additionally choose verbose from settings -> device and media -> click Ok ). Ensure captue to file checkbox is selected as well.
Configure cloud storage. When the error appears on UI, go to BE Install path\Logs. Copy and attach the ServerHostname-SGMON.log

Note : https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100044307
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100032993 (Its a netbackup document but if the error matches the same steps can be followed. The cacert.pem file is present in BE Install Path in BE)

Attatched are the logs

this is a much shorter capture log file   

Gurvinder

BESERVER: [01/31/19 17:59:35] [3408]     51 STSOBJECT: STS Debug Info: session (11131836): 'AmzResiliency: <RETRY HISTORY> Retry #: 1, Request Type = GET, Request URI = https://s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443/, XML response: None'
BESERVER: [01/31/19 17:59:35] [3408]     51 STSOBJECT: STS Debug Info: session (11131836): 'AmzResiliency: <RETRY HISTORY> cURL error: 7(Couldn't connect to server), multi cURL error: 0(OK), STS Error: 2060203A connection to a cloud storage provider could not be established, HTTP status: 0, Retry type: RETRY_LINEAR, Wait before retry: 2 Sec, Retry Time: Jan 31 17:56:03 2019'

can you try to access this from BE server https://s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:443/

• No access via telnet 

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Gurvinder

I can reproduce the error if I set the windows domain firewall to  'outbound connections that do not match a rule are blocked'. In your case if something else is blocking the connection then you can land up with curl error 7.

So the network team believes i need to make sure in the backup exec server settings that it us using the web proxy settings like used similar to the internet explorer browser to talk out freely. 

How to i confirm this? 

Gurvinder

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100044307 atleast with amazon we support proxy. Have you tried to configure after disabling it to confirm it is really the proxy settings causing the problem.

I have tried to configure disabling it and enabling it within the default browser Internet explorer.

We did another wireshark scan this morning and it looks like whilst the browser is going out through the proxy the backup exec appliance isnt using the proxy. 

Similar to internet explorer under ""Internet Options> Connections> LAN Settings > "".  Where can i specify the proxy server to use into backup exec 20.3 applicance? 

Capture5.PNG

Gurvinder

open a tech support case and cross refer this thread in that case

There isnt any settings within backup exec to do this? or a config file within C:\Program Files\Veritas or C:\ProgramData\Veritas i could edit by entering the proxy settings into ? 

Opened a case online ref number 190214-000000. Waiting on a response back on how to resolve this issue.

looks like a common issue people are unable to resolve on the discussion forum.

Gurvinder
There are config file on that path which are encrypted. BTW, I am told it should work automatically for AWS. For azure for now we do not support proxy. Just want to confirm, is this issue seen with BE 20 or 16 ?

• We are using Backup exec 20 (Current Version) trying to connect to AWS S3 storagebucket.
  • Just an Update from the Technical Support Case - Technical support got back to me this morning telling me to contact my reseller to get support for NFR licences which does not exist even as an addon to purchase for. Non for profit charity NRF licence support is knowledgebase and community section. So no assistance from technical support unfortunately pointing me to any documentations or hints as to where to look. 

Looks like i am stuck with this Failure code E0009B3F unable to use an essential function Smiley Frustrated

Hi Gurvinder,

Please find attatched Zip file as requested. 

Gurvinder

In BE Install path, create a file libstspiamazon.perf
Type the following content inside and save the file.

AMZ:PROXY_IP=192.168.2.110           
AMZ:PROXY_PORT=8080                   
AMZ:PROXY_TYPE=HTTP    

Refer attached screenshot as well.               

The above entries are - 
<IP of your Proxy Server>
<Port>
<Protocol>

Try to configure the cloud storage post this

Unfortunatly it didnt make a difference. I tried retsarting the server as well to make sure if restarting the service/server was necessary for recognising the libstspiamazon.perf

Gurvinder

Try with pref extension of the file.
libstspiamazon.pref

Gurvinder YOU LEGEND!! ... YOU FIXED IT!! Smiley Happy

So it looks like Veritas Backup Exec 20.3 still needs that libstspiamazon.pref for those using a proxy. 

Thank you for your persistant effort Gurvinder