cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to media server during IDR

jim_Grimmer
Level 4
i was testing the IDR process. both machines running WIN 2k3 server standard edition in a workgroup setup with B.E. 9.1 build 4691, using a back up to disk folder. i ran a full back up and created the bottable cd with ASR files ok.
i did not format the drive. simply reboot the machine with idr cd and ran the process. when connecting to the media server i get the error message " unable to connect to the media server".

from here i hit F1 to cmd - check the ip address (good), net use \\machine\F$ to connect to the machine hosting the server succesfully and am able to ping the media server. i have also installed the hotfix for build 4691, there are no firewalls between the machines. the same error occurs when i wipe the drive as well but when i do this i am not able to load the network card drivers from the OEM cd, the selection box is greyed out as if there is nothing there.

any suggestions
3 REPLIES 3

jim_Grimmer
Level 4
i also for got to mention i did search prior posts before posting and they did solve my issue.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

"I also for got to mention i did search prior posts before posting and they did solve my issue." - So , is the issue resolved?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

jim_Grimmer
Level 4
i am not sure how but the issues resolved its self.