cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to copy the virtual machine disk using the VMware VixDiskLib.

mrinal_sarkar62
Level 6

Hi,

We have the following

BE 2014 on MS Windows 2008R2 STD.

VMware VSphare 5.1 and vCenter 5.1

We were taking the backup of a VM.

the following error were given as below.

Transport mode 'nbd' was used for the read operation of the disk 'Everest-db.vmdk' V-79-57344-38264 - Unable to copy the virtual machine disk using the VMware VixDiskLib. VixDiskLib_Read() reported the error: NBD_ERR_NETWORK_CONNECTV-79-57344-38366 - WARNING: "VMVCB::\\abcl-VMVC.abc.com\VCGuestVm\(DC)Datacenter_AXB(DC)\vm\Discovered virtual machine\...Transport mode 'nbd' was used for the read operation of the disk 'EXX_1.vmdk'

V-79-57344-38264 - Unable to copy the virtual machine disk using the VMware VixDiskLib.

VixDiskLib_Read() reported the error: NBD_ERR_NETWORK_CONNECTV-79-57344-38366 - WARNING: "VMVCB::\\abcl-VMVC.abc.com\VCGuestVm\(DC)Datacenter_AXB(DC)\vm\Discovered virtual machine\EXX\Evere...

I have checked the following TN :- http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154848 

I have done the following:

netsh int tcp set global netdma=disable

I have executed the backup.

Previous this backup were done successfully. After the BE 2014 upgrade this error is generated.

Along I have done some teaming of the Network.

Please, help to get this resolved.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This is a very generic error. Quick way to troubleshoot this error is to enable debugging for the backup failure.

Although as the error is NBD_ERR_NETWORK_CONNECT, it is most likely a connectivity issue.

Check if you are able to ping both ways between the media server and the virtual host.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I have done some teaming of the Network

In the past, there were reported problems with teaming.  Remove the teaming and use a single NIC.

Andreas_B
Level 3

Did you resolve this issue?

I got the same problem for only 1 VM

- vSphere 5.1

- BE2014

- VM OS: Window 2012

Other VMs with same OS on same Host dosn't have those problems...

Thanks

tsibe
Not applicable

We have BE2010 R3 and ESXi/vCenter 5.0, and had this exact problem after teaming 4 NICS in our Windows 2008 R2 server. Our nightly backup routine consists of 7 jobs that backup the VMware environment. We got the error on roughly 30% of the VMs. Restoring the configuration to the single NIC solved the problem instantly. We're looking to upgrade to BE 2014, so it's disappointing to hear that the problem exists with that version as well.

Arconvert
Level 2

I have the same problem with team NIC. In BE2015,  is it resolve this problem?

Arconvert
Level 2

I have same problem with theam NIC, in BE2015 , is it resolve this problem?