cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create selection list

CSRPhoto
Level 3
I am receiving an error, "Unable to create selection list", when trying to restore a file in BackupExec 11d.

I followed tech notee 286488 but still get the same error. Another post refered to adjusting the DWORD MaxRpcDatablockSize, but I could not find this in my Registry.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CSRPhoto
Level 3
sorry, I forgot about this post (it was over a year ago), but as I recall the problem ended up being something regarding the fact that the restore job was trying to access different tapes from different Media Servers. Like I said, this was over a year ago and I don't recall the specific details but thought I should put some closure to this thread.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286488.htm  There is a HotFix that should fix this

Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 11.0 (11d) for Windows Servers revision 7170 Hotfix 23

Symantec Backup Exec (tm) 11.0 (11d) for Windows Servers revision 6235 Hotfix 28

SKardos
Level 2
Hello to all you BE Gurus,

I am running BE 11.0 (11d) 7170 and I am having the same issue (Unable To Create Selection List Restore when attempting to restore) and so far NOTHING has fixed it. I've tried the registry settings for the MaxRpcDatablockSize and have updated to SP3.  Still nothing.  LiveUpdate says there are no updates available so I am assuming I have the latest and greatest (?) of everything.

The links for the hotfixes listed by Mr. Putnam are dead, courtesy of Symantec.

Does anyone have any suggestions. PLEASE HELP! I have critical data that needs to be restored.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Steve

Message Edited by SKardos on 06-26-2008 12:11 PM

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

filter  for v11d adn patch

Look for HotFix 23 and HotFix 28

or better yet, SP 3

SKardos
Level 2

Ken,

Thank you for for your super quick response.  SP3 has already been applied (see my previous post). Live Update doesn't "pull" any updates as it says I have everything I need.

1 - Would it hurt to apply the the HotFixes (23 and 28) anyway?

2 - If I reinstall BE, would I be able to restore backups created with a previous (current) installation without too much pain?

Obviously my primary concern is data loss.  Since at this point I cannot do any restores, I am a little nervous and I would rather not compound the issue. 

Thank you for your help.

Steve

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

1)  Don't think it will let you, but you could try

2)  Yes  To sun-install and re-install and save all your local data see http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/288640.htm

CSRPhoto
Level 3
sorry, I forgot about this post (it was over a year ago), but as I recall the problem ended up being something regarding the fact that the restore job was trying to access different tapes from different Media Servers. Like I said, this was over a year ago and I don't recall the specific details but thought I should put some closure to this thread.