cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create selection list

felixp33
Level 2

I am using Symantec Backup Exec 11d rev. 6235.  I just tried to create a new backup job using the wizard.  After I got through all of the steps and hit finish I get an error that reads "Unable to create selections list".  I was reading through some older forums and ran the BEUtility.exe and did a database consistency check which can back fine.  I also ran a restore job which did complete.  I am curious to see what happens when my scheduled incrementals run tonight.  Not sure what else to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

felixp33
Level 2

Well I got it to run a backup.  I used the default name they give you for the backup.  But everytime I try to give it my own name which isn't very long, it gave me the same error.  Very weird.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Check following document, which talks about your situation:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH59032

Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.

Thanks

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If the issue is re-occuring then I would strongly recommend to upgrade to Backup Exec 11d-7170 with SP5.

This  is a much improved and stable software than Backup Exec 11-6235.

You can download the installables for 11d-7170 from the following link :

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

Also the upgrade from 6235 to 7170 is FREE so you do not have to buy any new licenses.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Agree, build 7170 fixed a lot of the problems of the previous 11d build.

You'll need to install over the top of your existing Backup Exec install, then redeploy the agents. Your existing license keys will be fine though.

Of course, Symantec would prefer you to be on Backup Exec 2010... ;)

felixp33
Level 2

Well I got it to run a backup.  I used the default name they give you for the backup.  But everytime I try to give it my own name which isn't very long, it gave me the same error.  Very weird.