cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Unable to create the deduplication disk storage

Antonio_Castro
Level 4

Hello
I have a problem with a backup exec appliance 3600R4.
This appliance is a MBE, member of a CAS Console. I need to change it domain so I delete this appliance from CAS Console but after complete the process, the storage tab in the appliance is empty, the deduplication disk literally dissapear:Capture2.JPG

We try to recreate the deduplication disk but we receive this message:

Capture.JPG

Can you help me please?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

deletion of Sdrv OST tape drive which are showing on the console and the PureDisk:dedupefoldername entry in Device table takes care of the issue

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Gurvinder

Are you trying to import the dedupe when the appliance is standalone ( i.e. removed from CAS) or when it is part of the CAS.

If standalone and you are getting that error , that means the same name is existing in applianceservername\bkupexec ---> BEDB ----> device table and when you provide the same name, it complains that the name allready exists. So you can try importing by giving another name and see if it works. Else you will need to connect to BKUPEXEC instance and check BEDB -> device table , take out those old entries and then try to reimport.

If the Appliance is still connected to the CAS, then the removal of appliance dedupe name will need to be done from the CAS\BKUPEXEC Instance -> BEDB --> device table. In any case try to first attempt with not using the old name and see if the import goes through.

Hi Gurvinder
The MBE is stand alone.

First, we try reimport the dedupe changing the name, from "Appliance_Dedupe_MX-GT01-B001" to "Appliance_Dedupe_MX-GT01-B001_Disk" but the error persist.

Then, we delete all entries "Appliance_Dedupe_MX-GT01-B001" on the Device table of the BEDB and we retry the import but is failing with this message:

Capture3.JPG

Please your support.

Thanks friend.

Gurvinder
You would have a Puredisk: Appliance_Dedupe_MX-GT01-B001 entry , along with Appliance_Dedupe_MX-GT01-B001:1
Appliance_Dedupe_MX-GT01-B001:2 etc...

Need to delete all of them. Then restart BE services and retry the import.

Hi Gurvinder
Thanks for your help.

We delete all entries from DB:delete.png

After that, when we restarted the BE services, the dedupe and postgre sql services change to β€œDisabled”:serv.png

Then, when we retry the Import we have 2 cases:

• When we use the same name for the dedupe:c1.png

This errors appears:e1.png

• When we change the dedupe name other error appearsc2.png

Can you help us please?

Thanks!

Gurvinder

Ok, connect to the localhost\bkupexec instance. In BEDB -> check the pdde_configuration table. Since this is standalone BE, you can clear the entry in it and then try the reimport.

Note: If no dedupe folder is configured in UI , then the services of dedupe are set to disabled. Thats normal. When you import the dedupe, they will automatically get set to automatic and start.

Hi Gurvinder
We clear the table that you mentioned:

Capture4.JPG

And we retry the Import with not success, the issue continue:

Capture5.JPG

Thanks for your help

Gurvinder

deletion of Sdrv OST tape drive which are showing on the console and the PureDisk:dedupefoldername entry in Device table takes care of the issue