cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to delete jobs on job setup

mj30
Level 2

Help is appreciated. This problem seems so easy yet don't know why I'm having a hard time on it. One of our client is asking me to delete jobs that he's no longer using. When I'm trying to delete the said job on the Job Setup a pop up message comes out saying "To delete a job that was created by a policy, remove the association between the policy and the selection list. Click "Delete jobs created by policy" in the Job Setup task pane." Upon checking it is not associated with any of the policy, so it should say "Are you sure you want to delete the job.." instead of the above pop up. Did I made my query clear? What cause this problem?

ty.

5 REPLIES 5

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This job must have been created by using a policy and there is likelihood of the policy being non-existent now. I would assume this is version 10 of Backup Exec? You may have to contact support to get this job deleted, as this is an orphan job now. Please verify the policies if not disassociated with the job. If it is version 11, you may want to look at following document:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/284077

For older version, you may require to contact Tech Support for help with deleteing orphaned jobs.
Please mark it a solution, if this is useful.

Thanks

Optimus_Prime
Level 5
Partner
Hi Hermant,

Seems like its not version 10 nor version 11 since it was filed under Backup Exec 12.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6

If it is 12, then the document should apply. As the template link issue is no more a problem after Backup Exec 11. So, we should be able to delete the job directly by disassociating the job from the policy.

Thanks

mj30
Level 2

Thanks Hermant

As mentioned on the above given link "If there are still jobs listed in the Job Setup tab and/or Job Monitor tab that was created by the policy that the jobs were deleted from and the associated selection list has been removed, these jobs still have to be manually deleted from the database." how will I manually delete the jobs from database. On my screenshots on Policy column the first five jobs are not associated with policy but upon deletion it says me that I need to disassociate it first with policies.I have check all my policies and none seems to be related on the said jobs.

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
For deleting the jobs from database, you would require to contact Technical Support.

Thanks